Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mazzy
Mazzy

Introduction Empty Introduction

Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 18:32
okay to post introduction here? my 2nd attempt. Not sure what screen applies. Thanks for this support line. Am in intimate loving relationship with my brother, half brother technically. My mind and my heart are still out of sync. My heart loves that we have been a couple for 6 years. We have always been very close and got together in our fifties. Spent years apart as children because of family hardship. My mind still wrestles with a lot of guilt over enjoying this union. My brother gives me space and is patient when I am guilting? How to deal with it? It is the hardest part of our union. Welcome guidance on attaining more normal mind over it. Unfair to him I know. We love what we have together. Thanks again.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 20:13
Welcome aboard, I've just upgraded your account so you can participate in all of the forums. You're amongst friends here.

It's very normal and common for people to experience guilt issues with these relationships, but that is not because there is anything wrong with being in such relationships, it is guilt forced onto us by a society that neither accepts us nor understands the beauty or dynamics of our love lives... some of us are working to change that, and the ultimate goal is full equality for all of us. Believe me, you have absolutely nothing to feel bad or guilty about, and you're doing nothing wrong.

Welcome to the forums Smile

Jonbob0008
Jonbob0008

Fri 5 Aug 2016 - 1:43
Welcome aboard! If you don't mind me asking, what is your primary language? I'm merely curious.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Fri 5 Aug 2016 - 3:40
Welcome! You are among friends.
OtherHans

Fri 5 Aug 2016 - 7:03
Your relationship is not wrong.

You are at a point in your lives where the issues of inbreeding no longer apply.  Neither are you preventing each other from starting a family with others.  Many other people would frown upon your relationship and say that it is wrong, but that doesn't make it wrong.  What is right and what is wrong are not determined by popular opinion, but are the moral manifestation of truth.

If your relationship was wrong, then one or both of you would be hurt by it. Harm would be done. From what you've written, it does not sound like anyone is being harmed or even could be harmed by the incestuous nature of your relationship.

So don't beat yourself up. You love each other and are committed to one another. That is something to be cherished and celebrated.

CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Wed 10 Aug 2016 - 0:26
I don't have much to add because everyone has already pretty much covered what i would have said, so welcome, you are among friends here Smile
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 23:26
a friendly hiya and welcome!
also don't have much more to add than that... just glad to have you here!
much love
Jonbob0008
Jonbob0008

Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 2:49
Once upon a time, homosexual and interracial relationships were seen in same light, and the people in those relationships also had doubts about their relationships when they weren't socially acceptable. Society is at wrong here, not us. Welcome!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum