Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

My Introductory introduction Empty My Introductory introduction

Sun 31 May 2020 - 23:43
Hi Everyone!... Mhmm ok not sure how to do a proper introductory speech, so let's jump that.
I'm a 23-year old amateur writer, toymaker and beginning drawer who's currently managing a Pinecest blog on Tumblr (The Corny Tyrannosaurus). I got aware about the whole ordeal of consangs in very particular circunstances.
Before to dedicate my writting to fics I had an original saga (I put it on a temporal rest) of scifi stories I'm working on. As one of the core topics is romance, I wanted to cover everything, so it was matter of time before I wanted to include an entry about "incestuous relationships". But I felt I needed to know about how such contextual enviorments were managed on literature and culture, so I began to research. Notice that in those times I had low, very low regards towards the posibility as much as the rest of population, so I was a quite yiky about the matters, so the arc involving "incest" was going to have a very, very diferent ending than the one I have now, and something about that tragic ending was making me to feel troubled.

So I found Pinecest on one of those research days and after a brief consideration I said myself "Well you can't know if happy endings for these stories are worth of the paper if you don't test the waters". I began to read... and was quite lovely; the Pines twins were characters I already knew well because I like Gravity Falls, so when I read the best works of the trope I was mesmerized. The balance of the characters, the notes on their lives, the will to keep going with their love despite everything.
Quickly I concluded that such comitement couldn't exist only in paper, that such ways of love had to have real entries, that there was something the media and the culture was lying to me about.
A further resrearch, and I found the whole consang condrurum.
So i decided to do something for them, 'cause in my own way I had experimented what is to be set appart, and making the extrapolation, such way of secrecy they had to live wasn't sexy or amazing. It had to be a nightmare.
So here I am now, writting an saga of fics and trying to find a way to help.

I hope to be useful for the cause, and if anyone is interested on my material well, one never misses the chance to make propaganda hehe.

So Hi again! I'll hope to have done a proper intro.
blackroseheart

My Introductory introduction Empty Re: My Introductory introduction

Mon 1 Jun 2020 - 1:22
Hey I'm Rain from tumblr. It's nice to see you have found your way here 😊 Your story is inspiring and just confirms for me something I always believed in...the power of fiction to compel thought and affect reality and conciousness in positive ways. I also came to be an ally due to fiction (an old roleplay from my teen years). I am happy you are on this side and I look forward to hearing more about your art campaign thing. Welcome! I shared your link in the Media section of the forum. Once you are approved you will be able to see that Section and others.
Dag Robertson
Dag Robertson
https://www.patreon.com/DeltadidiracArt

Mon 1 Jun 2020 - 3:41
Hi, you are not the only one here; for reasons very similar to yours I am here too, and for others completely different (if you read my story you will understand), in any case I am already developing different projects and works in this direction; maybe in the future it will be possible to find a common point.

Welcome
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 0:58
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Welcome to the forums. Would love to read your fic when it is done... and also by being here you will learn more about consang people, and be able to make your characters realistic too. Fiction is a good way to expose people to the idea of consanguinamory, because it's only a story and it doesn't trigger regulars in the same way as real life people do. But through the process of letting their guard down to enjoy the story, they come to care about the characters, sympathize with them, and ultimately that could lead to people challenging their own attitudes.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 1:25
Hey, Corny Trex,

Welcome to Kindred Spirits, and thanks to Blackroseheart/Rain for inviting you here. I’ve upgraded your account for full access. I think Jane meant to do this but might have neglected it.

I hope you’ll take some time to nose around the forum and learn about how consang relationships really work — and how they sometimes really don’t work. Please share your fanfic with us when you feel it’s ready. And I’m certain our members would be happy to help you sort out what’s real from what isn’t. Just post your questions in the appropriate forum. Also, check our Creative Writing and Creative Writing Discussions forums as good places to present your work.

Stay safe,
UN

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 5:00
Welcome aboard!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum