Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
oedipusbrazil

Herbert, 28 years old psychologist from Brazil Empty Herbert, 28 years old psychologist from Brazil

Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 15:13
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hello, my name is Herbert, 28 years old, I am a psychologist from Brazil. After consulting a patient who was having intercourse with his mother, I became very interested in the topic. I live with my 49-year-old mother, and I came to see her with some desire. Most of my studies and consultation places show cases of abuse and teach how to help in these cases. But now I'm interested in cases where the relationship is consensual. Both to help my patient (19 years old), who is having sex with his mother (37 years old) and to decide whether or not I can start something with my own mother.

Thanks,
Herbert

Unowen17, Mommysgirl and oedipusbrazil like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Herbert, 28 years old psychologist from Brazil Empty Re: Herbert, 28 years old psychologist from Brazil

Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 15:50
Hi, Herbert,

Welcome to Kindred Spirits. Glad that you reached out to us. I’ve upgraded your membership.

Regarding your clients and the difference between abuse and consent: We only accept members whose involvement is consensual and who haven’t been groomed, because we don’t support or approve of coercion or grooming in any form. We realize this may be unfair to some, but we think it’s better to err on the side of not having any hint of grooming or other child abuse on KS.

We do have a number of active members in consensual mother-son relationships here. By and large, they seem happy and stable, though there are occasional exceptions, often exacerbated by the need to keep secrecy.

Hope you enjoy our forum, and I’d welcome you to contribute any expert advice you can on existing threads in the members-only forums, or to start your own discussions as you have interest. I hope our members can also reach out to you for advice.

Stay safe,
UN

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Herbert, 28 years old psychologist from Brazil Empty Re: Herbert, 28 years old psychologist from Brazil

Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 16:35
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Welcome aboard!

Most of the literature for professional psychologists is going to focus on abuse cases and negative outcomes because of selection bias. If people are happy and things are going well, they’re not going to seek out psychological help, correct? But even people in good relationships need some individual or relationship help sometimes, so I’m glad people can come to you.

I’m looking forward to hearing more from you.

Admin
Admin

Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 16:42
Excellent point about selection bias, Keith!

Stay safe,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum