Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

ONE ACCOUNT PER USER PLEASE Empty ONE ACCOUNT PER USER PLEASE

Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 23:10
It came to my attention today that a user had signed up here with TWO accounts, with the aim of circumventing a current blocking on facebook. I very nearly fell for it, and thanks to Keith sharing a PM from that person with me over facebook, I didn't. This user has had both his accounts deleted and his IP address is on the ban list. I am just letting everyone know, multiple accounts created for the purposes of trolling in any form will NOT be tolerated either here or on facebook. This community is for serious discussions, both here on the forums and the related facebook group, and it is our intent that these are comfortable and safe spaces for everyone who needs it.

I realize that some of you may wish to bring your family partner to the forums, and that most of the time this will mean sharing an IP address. That's absolutely okay, but they should let us know in their introduction that they share an IP address with you. This way we can keep legit users on the forums whilst weeding out any trolls and potential troublemakers.

I'd have thought that one account per user would have been pretty obviously implied given the spirit and nature of the forum. Apparently I had to spell it out. I guess I should have known that after the usernames debarcle we had back in April. So, that in mind I have added rule 11 to the list of site rules for all newbies to read.

Jane

PS1: Any users having problems with their KS account here in any way should PM us if possible instead of signing up with a new one right away. If this is not possible for whatever reason, friend us on facebook and let us know that way. This way we can do one of the following:
1. Try to resolve the problem with your account.
2. If this doesn't work, we can delete that account and you can sign up again.
I'd encourage everyone here to become members of the facebook group by friending us there and letting us know your username here. It's more interactive than KS and you can speak to us more directly.

PS2: Users may also e-mail us about any problems:
janedoeofks@protonmail.com (Me)
lilysgardener@protonmail.com (Cristina Shy)
fullmarriageequality@yahoo.com (Keith Pullman)

Last edited by Unowen17 on Mon 30 Dec 2019 - 20:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Unstickied because the rules cover it already.)
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

ONE ACCOUNT PER USER PLEASE Empty Re: ONE ACCOUNT PER USER PLEASE

Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 2:28
I also want to say I never share private messages or what someone tells me, not even with their lover, unless it is clear they are a troll or something of that nature. I keep what people tell me in strict confidence.
Shiro
Shiro

Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 6:47
Yeah, like how on KS, my sis also had an account. We'd usually post from the same IP.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 8:41
FullMarriageEquality wrote:I also want to say I never share private messages or what someone tells me, not even with their lover, unless it is clear they are a troll or something of that nature. I keep what people tell me in strict confidence.

Me neither. In this instance though it was clear trolling. I should have made it clearer in my post that we don't usually share any PMs.
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Wed 12 Apr 2017 - 8:49
just to reiterate, none of us admins share confidential emails about other people. Even if we all know that person. The only time anything is shared is to screen out trolls and other troublemakers. I cannot stress enough that we keep personal emails and messages strictly confidential under normal circumstance.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum