Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm Sapphire ^_^

+4
Shiro
Jane Doe
blackroseheart
Sapphire
8 posters
Go down
Sapphire

Hi, I'm Sapphire ^_^ Empty Hi, I'm Sapphire ^_^

Sun 2 Oct 2016 - 16:33
Hello,

I am Sapphire. I am a 24 year old writer and something of a lawyer from the UK, and I have recently gained a fascination with relationships between close relatives. I do not hold any romantic or sexual feelings toward any of my close relatives, but, over time, I have come to be sympathetic to those that do; the pursuit of happiness. ^_^

I have read up much on the topic, but now I want to meet and talk to people who have gone through these things in real life. I wanted to talk to real people, those who are serious about their relationships, and not just people who are interested in these things as a fetish. That is why I came to this site.

I hope to meet and talk with nice, friendly people here who may be willing to share their experiences. I am also a writer, as mentioned, and am writing about a relationship between close relations. I am hoping my visits here would help me formulate an illustration that is real and organic to what people would really go through in reality. Of course, if anyone is interested, I would be happy to post my work here as well. I am not yet happy with what I have, and perhaps my time here will help me change that.

Look forward to meeting people here and learning from you all. ^_^
blackroseheart

Hi, I'm Sapphire ^_^ Empty Re: Hi, I'm Sapphire ^_^

Sun 2 Oct 2016 - 21:36
Welcome!! Very Happy cheers

I was super happy to see your post, because I'm here for the same reason. I also want to learn the dynamics of these relationships so I could be a better writer. I believe that fiction has enormous power to change minds and that artists can make a much needed positive contribution to this movement.

I'm also not involved in consanguinamory myself. I come from the queer community and I'm here as an ally. It's really nice to see kind human beings like you who care about the happiness of others and not just yourself.

I believe that only those with lived experience can offer a full rounded sense of what this love is like. It's not enough to read and it sure as hell is not enough to rely on the ignorant masses to gain insight about the unknown. Every minority has a right to define their own experience because they're the only ones that truly know what it's like. One has to go to the source to cut through the myths and truly understand something.

If you ever want to I'd love to talk more with you, as it is nice to see other writers or aspiring writers that are interested in exploring this subject, not for the sake of exploitation or shock value but to make proper, honest representations.

So, welcome!! bom
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sun 2 Oct 2016 - 21:53
Hi there Sapphire, first of all, thanks for getting in touch, it is nice to hear from allies.

What sort of a writer are you? Is it fictional stories, magazine articles, factual books? Are you planning on compiling a book about peoples experiences or stuff like that? I'm intrigued as to what sort of project you might have in mind.

Also, since you're a lawyer I must ask, do you do criminal defence at all? If so I am wondering if you may at some point in the future be willing to represent consang couples facing prosecution? I would like to find lawyers who are willing to defend consang couples if the need arises and so it would be nice to be able to create such a list for people.

Now, I have no problem at all with your being on the site to listen to us and to learn about us, however you may not publish anything you read on the forums without the expressed permission of the posts author, and any such permitted quotes (or other conversations you may have with our membership) are to remain totally anonymous (including not using usernames). These rules are in force for our protection. If you agree to those terms I am willing to upgrade your account on that basis.

In your search for information, you might find my website useful if you haven't visited it already: https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Thanks,
Jane
Sapphire

Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 0:31
@blackroseheart

I guess that makes us kindred spirits. ^_- *chuckles* Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. And, exactly, I want my work to reflect the reality and not a fantasy, as much as possible. I know I am at a disadvantage here but I still think it is worth trying.

And, sure, love to chat sometime. ^_^

@Jane Doe

Fictitious stories, mainly, and to only have the concept of romantic love between close relatives woven more subtly into the story to convey a message counter to what society would have them believe. My work so far is what I call an 'unpublishable work,' which is a practice novel that few would really care to read, and it is a bit more on the nose than what a more serious work would be. From what I have found, most people are not really ignorant out of prejudice but simple misunderstanding and, in some ways, a lack of imagination, which are both problems that books can fix. That's my thinking on it, anyway.

I am afraid that my expertise is in health and safety, but I did study criminal law in college some years ago. Not incest, unsurprisingly, but murder and rape and such. Learning about child rape was stomach turning, let me tell you. I really do not know how good my counsel will be, exactly, but I can try to help and give advise where I can. I only know English law, unfortunately. And, please don't rely too heavily on what I advise; it has been a long time since I studied criminal law, though I cannot imagine much has changed all that much, but I can give some advice that may help, at least in the UK. Last thing I would want is making a mistake and making matters worse for someone else. ^_^;

Of course, I agree completely. Besides, I don't really need exact extracts for my work anyway; merely a sense of what people go through and their experiences will be enough for me. And I won't go telling people about what I read here; it's really none of my business, honestly, and I know from both law and life experience not to stick my nose in places it doesn't need to be. Regardless, no one could ever prove any of you are telling the truth about anything you say here, anyway. You could pass off this entire forum as a grand piece of literary work surrounding the concept of incest, and I do believe I came across a site just like that once. Forget what it was called but the site did get awards for their creativity of forming their work into what would appear to be a private forum of a shadowy multinational corporation. ^_^
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 7:49
In which case welcome aboard Smile Sorry about all the questions and stuff, it's just that we can never be too careful. I think you will be a good addition to this forum, and of course you will get a sense of what these relationships are like for you to incorporate into your fictional stories.
Shiro
Shiro

Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 7:56
Welcome Smile

Nice to see friendly people. Enjoy your stay, and let us know if there's any way we can help.
Sapphire

Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 9:58
Great, and thank you. I completely understand; no need to apologise. And I look forward to learning a great deal here. ^_^

@Shiro

Thank you. I will certainly let people here know if I need help with anything. ^_^
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 11:57
Welcome.

Author Diane Rinella wrote a novel _Love's Forbidden Flower_ and its sequel, _Time's Forbidden Flower_ about a raised-together, full-blood brother and sister. I highly recommend them unless an author thinks reading them before they complete their own will skew their work.
Sapphire

Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 12:04
Thank you for letting me know. Some do, certainly, but it really depends on what the story incorporates. As for me, realism is important. Would you say it gives an accurate representation of a sibling romantic relationship, and what it would be like to have such in a world like our own?
CaineTheExile
CaineTheExile

Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 1:20
Hi! Welcome aboard!
Sapphire

Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:02
@CainTheExile

Thank you, and nice to meet you. ^_^

Great Fallout pic, by the way. ^_-
CaineTheExile
CaineTheExile

Sun 9 Oct 2016 - 12:44
Thanks for liking the pic Sapphire! It's actually from the Mad Max 2: Road Warrior movie, which was a huge inspiration for the Fallout games! Hence the very similar Fallout 3 wallpapers with Dogmeat. The dog in the pic is named Dogmeat as well, actually he is the original Dogmeat Razz . If memory serves well there was a Dogmeat in Fallout 1 as well, and you had to wear the same jacket as Mad Max in the pic here to make him friendly with you and take him along your travels!
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Sat 29 Oct 2016 - 4:28
welcome !! nice to meet new allies Smile

Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 3:27
Welcome!! I'd like to say Hi!!
Georgiabrown
Georgiabrown