Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Constellation83

Ally - Ally who wishes that he could have been more Empty Ally who wishes that he could have been more

Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 23:54
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi,

I'm a single man in his mid-60's who stumbled upon this forum while searching upon related topics and I'm happy to have found it.

There's really not much more to my story than unrequited desire for my late mother.

I grew up as an only child in the suburbs, and my parents never seemed to be particularly happy in their marriage and eventually they didn't seem to be particularly happy with me.  As I reached my late teens and reached for more freedom, I was always called out by my parents (especially my mother) for things like breaking curfew, not calling to check in, the usual stuff.

As I read some of the mother/son introduction stories here, I noticed that the relationships before intimacy began seemed to be very loving and supportive.  My desire for my mom came from a very different dynamic, though.

So often, we hear about couples who bicker and fight, and the conflict fuels their passion.  When I'd stay out late while living at home during my first two years of college, and my mother got angry at me, my sexual attraction to her grew by leaps and bounds.  I often hoped that one of our arguments would have ended in a passionate kiss and more.

At that time, my greatest hope was that my parents would have divorced, leading to a lot of alone time with mom, and possibly opening the door to that moment.  But as unhappy as they appeared to be, they really didn't do a lot of things without each other.  Their work schedules were similar and even trips to the grocery store and other errands were usually done together.

Not long after my mother passed away, I talked with my father who confessed that he had been very unhappy in the marriage and wishes that they had divorced years earlier.  Of course, I didn't tell him that I wish they had divorced years earlier, too.  I still feel a real sting of regret over a lost opportunity that may have been closer than I imagined at the time.

Well, that's my story and I want to say that I respect anyone who reaches out for love and intimacy (between consenting adults, of course), regardless of what's considered socially acceptable or unacceptable.  Giving and receiving love is the single best thing we do.

FullMarriageEquality, Oedipus, Unowen17, polyguy, Cyberdolphnow, FamilyFriend and AdamLovesMom like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Ally - Ally who wishes that he could have been more Empty Re: Ally who wishes that he could have been more

Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 1:38
Welcome to Kindred Spirits, Constellation83. I’ve upgraded your account.

A sad, but common, scenario. Little to do about it now.

Stay safe,
UN

Oedipus and Constellation83 like this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Ally - Ally who wishes that he could have been more Empty Re: Ally who wishes that he could have been more

Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 7:05
Welcome aboard!

Constellation83 likes this post

Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 10:51
Welcome, Constellation83.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum