Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris89

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 9:28
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hi, my name is Chris and i have been a family doctor for some years now in Eastern Europe.
 I am a open minded individual and even if i did not experience GSA myself i had instances in my medical practice where this had been brought to my attention by concerned relatives.
  Mostly adolescent brother-sister experiences caught by parents or pubertal young boys displaying interest in their mothers/sisters/aunts.
  The general consensus is that this is wrong and most concerned parents ask for pshychiatric referrals wich i dont agree with and avoid.
   The literature is really scarce out there about GSA because, science also is not imune to general moral consensus and i figured i can learn more here about this from people who experience it and what they go trough.
   I think is understandable i am over 18, but for a correct registration i must state my age, i am 39.

FullMarriageEquality, Rick Fortune, Unowen17, Cyberdolphnow and PositiveJ like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 9:51
Hi, Chris, welcome to Kindred Spirits. I’ve upgraded your account.

You are so right that science is not immune to cultural bias. And thank you for not automatically referring consangs to psychiatrists. Being attracted to a close relative is not a mental disorder.

Slight terminology note: “GSA” is short for “reunion GSA,” which occurs in relatives who are separated at infancy or early childhood and reunited as adults. I know, it’s kind of a bad term, but we’re stuck with it. Smile

Hope you enjoy our forum! We have a few other doctors here that I know of, a brother-sister couple and a man who got involved with his mom shortly after finishing medical school.

Stay safe,
UN

Cyberdolphnow and PositiveJ like this post

Chris89

Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 10:02
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well, i know it stands for Genetic Sexual Attraction and i figured it has to do with the fact that you can be attracted, at least in a sexual way to those like yourself.
I am positive this kind of attraction is natural. I never experienced it mysef because i did not have a loving and caring experience with my mother,nor did i had a sister or a good looking aunt.
But being 12 and having testosterone for the first time in large amounts and a 36 yo good looking, loving and nice mother or a 16 yo sister (cases i know of) can at least accidentaly make you feel something that is, by all means natural.
Morally questioning but not of medical/psychiatric concern.
This i explain to those who come to me for this kind of "problems" but it seems it's still the moral bias that wins over the argument. For some, i still have to go for a middle of the road sollution and reffer to a psychologist (no pills, just talk) but o also find that traumatising for the unwilling, ashamed boy.

Unowen17 and Cyberdolphnow like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 10:50
Chris, I know that sometimes underage people get attracted to their relatives, but KS has strict rules against discussion of underage relationships. So please be careful.

Stay safe,
UN

Quesera and Cyberdolphnow like this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 23:25
Welcome aboard!

Cyberdolphnow likes this post