Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Stark33

Ally Intro Empty Ally Intro

Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 16:29
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, I’m a 30 year old ally here.

For the last decade or so, I’ve had an unrequited love for my cousin(35). We’ve always been close since we were children, but it wasn’t until I graduated from high school that I realized my feelings for her went beyond simple familial affection.  
Unfortunately, I’ve never told her about my feelings because I’m pretty sure they are one sided and now after all these years she is married with 3 children and living a wonderful life. So I’ve resigned myself to suffer in silence and just enjoy her affection as my cousin.
Due to my feelings, I’ve always been more sympathetic and supportive to those in different style relationships. As long as it’s between consenting adults, then it doesn’t matter who your love is for. We don’t choose who we fall in love with.

Rick Fortune, Unowen17, FamilyFriend and charlesfourier like this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Ally Intro Empty Re: Ally Intro

Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 19:18
Welcome aboard! I’ve upgraded your account. It would be great to have you here supporting others.

Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 23:57
Stark33 wrote:Hi, I’m a 30 year old ally here.

For the last decade or so, I’ve had an unrequited love for my cousin(35). We’ve always been close since we were children, but it wasn’t until I graduated from high school that I realized my feelings for her went beyond simple familial affection.  
Unfortunately, I’ve never told her about my feelings because I’m pretty sure they are one sided and now after all these years she is married with 3 children and living a wonderful life. So I’ve resigned myself to suffer in silence and just enjoy her affection as my cousin.
Due to my feelings, I’ve always been more sympathetic and supportive to those in different style relationships. As long as it’s between consenting adults, then it doesn’t matter who your love is for. We don’t choose who we fall in love with.

Hi Stark!

Welcome to the forum. I’ve said the same thing, many times. We don’t choose who we fall in love with, and none of us would willingly choose to fall in love with someone that comes with so much heartache, for many.

I am so sorry for you situation, where your cousin is married, happily. You must ache so much for a love, that never has been. I am so sorry, and can’t fathom what this must be like for you.

Thank you for being an ally. You are welcome here.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sat 24 Sep 2022 - 11:18
Hey, Stark, welcome to Kindred Spirits. As a friend of mine said, thank God for unanswered prayers.

Stay safe,
UN

FullMarriageEquality likes this post

charlesfourier
charlesfourier

Wed 28 Sep 2022 - 13:09
Hello here, you have the same path as mine towards being an ally, that’s interesting.

FullMarriageEquality likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum