Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Short Intro - Hi everyone Empty Short Intro - Hi everyone

Wed 24 Jul 2024 - 17:36
Hi everyone, I'm Misty, 29. I recently discovered that I have romantic feelings for my older sibling, that I didn't realize I had for some time. For a while I thought I was aromantic because I did not have success with other relationships, until I realized my true feelings. I also feel attraction towards my cousins… Unfortunately I know my sibling and cousins do not reciprocate my feelings, but I am hoping to find somewhere that understands this predicament and I can find some comfort.

Last edited by misty on Fri 26 Jul 2024 - 19:12; edited 2 times in total
DahliasontheMoon
DahliasontheMoon

Short Intro - Hi everyone Empty Re: Short Intro - Hi everyone

Wed 24 Jul 2024 - 17:46
Hi Misty! Welcome to KS. My sister and I just joined yesterday. I'm sorry to hear that your feelings aren't reciprocated. I'm still waiting to be approved as a member so it might take a bit. In the meantime feel free to reach out if you'd like to talk to someone who gets it ^^.

Unowen17, RichG, Lisse and HiddenThoughts like this post

GhostBrother
GhostBrother

Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 2:32
Reworking this post.

Last edited by GhostBrother on Fri 16 Aug 2024 - 0:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rework pending.)

Unowen17, Lisse, spru1f and HiddenThoughts like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 8:26
Hi, Misty, welcome to Kindred Spirits. I’ve upgraded your account.

Many of us understand all too well what it’s like to love a close relative romantically and know that those feelings aren’t reciprocated. I hope you are able to find some comfort here.

Peace,
UN

FullMarriageEquality, RichG, Lisse, spru1f, HiddenThoughts and GhostBrother like this post

Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 11:15
Welcome Misty!

Unowen17 likes this post

Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 12:37
Thank you all for the kind replies.
I’ve been reading some other intro posts while waiting for verification, and I am surprised at two things (one I already edited in to my intro)… I am shocked, I bottled up feelings for my cousins so strongly, that I forgot, too, the usual reaction to loving one’s cousin is not acceptance… The second thing I realized, was I did not realize that intense desire and feelings for a family member that does not exist, also “counts”. I recently started role playing a big sister-little sister relationship with a casual partner who broached the subject first. I thought it would be close enough to my feelings about my sibling without risking hurting myself, and found myself badly wanting a little sister to be real and to be my partner in life instead. Haha!! Ugh… so it goes. Smile

I am glad I found this forum too. Thank you all for the kind welcome and offer to chat. You’re right— at least I know who I am. Looking forward to getting verified… glad I am somewhere that people can relate to this mess!

Thank you for the verification!
Ron5676

Short Intro - Hi everyone Empty Welcome

Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 19:58
misty wrote:Hi everyone, I'm Misty, 29. I recently discovered that I have romantic feelings for my older brother, that I didn't realize I had for some time. For a while I thought I was aromantic because I did not have success with other relationships, until I realized my true feelings. I also feel attraction towards my cousins… Unfortunately I know my brother and cousins do not reciprocate my feelings, but I am hoping to find somewhere that understands this predicament and I can find some comfort.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sat 3 Aug 2024 - 10:06
Hi, Misty, I’ve received your deletion request via PM. Please feel free to join us again whenever you like.

Peace,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum