Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

We're creating a Moderators group - Page 2 Empty Re: We're creating a Moderators group

Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 12:34
Glad to have you back here.

Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

We're creating a Moderators group - Page 2 Empty Re: We're creating a Moderators group

Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 0:51
wiccanbiker wrote:I am back on alot more. Short bout with Shoulder injury ,operation and now recovery with Physical Therapy.
Your Witch is getting old. lol
Bright Blessings
Wiccan

Ouch, that sounds painful. Hope you have a speedy recovery, and welcome back Smile
wiccanbiker
wiccanbiker

Fri 7 Sep 2018 - 4:35
Thank you
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 14:43
Bumping this thread.

Here are what are, in my mind, some of the qualifications of a mod:

* You have to say you want to be a mod. There is no fixed number of mod slots, but we do like to limit the number for security reasons. PM or following up on this thread is fine. Sometimes we’ll contact a promising member and ask them whether they want it. 
* We have to know we can trust you to do the job well. You’ll be handling some sensitive information and power. It’s a big, big deal.
* You have to demonstrate sound judgment. It’ll help if you reply to the new-member threads and indicate whether the member is acceptable. You can say things like, “Someone will let you in shortly,” “you’ll need to tell us that you were over 18 when you got together,” etc. Try to mimic the decisions that the ninjas make for themselves.
* You need to have a track record of empathy for other members. Empathizing is one of the most important things we do here. Many of our members have no one else to talk to about the troubles they’re having as consangs. Many are terrified of being outed, arrested, or worse. Make people feel accepted, wanted, and safe.
* It helps to have a good spider sense about who can be trusted and who can’t. We do track members who we think might cause trouble. Of course, no one ever gets the ninja boot without hard evidence that it needs to be applied.
* You have to be fierce, and proactive, about keeping the forum clean of people that don’t respect the forum rules. I’m not talking about fucking curse words, but about gross violations of our trust like pedophilia, fap stories, etc.
* You have to be active on the forum or in the other communication channels we use, so that we can get to know you well. It’s okay to take a break if you need one, even a long break, but we have to have some history with you. That goes hand in hand with having a track record. 
* You have to read to the end of this post.
* You have to swear that you will never, ever, put pineapple on your pizza. Smile

Anything else?

Best,
UN

Last edited by Unowen17 on Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 23:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserted a line about spider sense)

Admin
Admin

Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 22:57
I think you got all bases covered pretty well, now everyone will know the requirements for being mod and it will in fact make our jobs as administrators easier.
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 20:16
Put pineapple on pizza. Got it.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 22:13
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
sleepingrain wrote:Put pineapple on pizza. Got it.

No, DON'T put pineapple on the pizza, unless the pizza has done something terrible to deserve such an insult to otherwise perfectly good food.

On a serious note, pineapples belong in a desert, being juiced, or eaten on it's own. Personally, I find it far too sweet. This is why I don't eat much fruit, I love my vegetables, but I find most fruits too sweet. My favourite fruits include things like tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers, none of which are particularly sweet, but they make a good salad. Out of the 'sweet' fruits, I'd prefer strawberries, blackcurrants and grapefruit. I have a blackcurrant bush in my back garden as luck would have it, it was there from the previous tennant when I moved in, It normally yields nearly 1 and a half kilos each year during late july/early august depending on the weather and how much sun we are getting but this is the average timing, I make crumbles with the berries once I've washed and frozen them. I avoid pruning this bush too much, because it can effect the crop the next year. I just tidy it up in early winter (I do this normally in early December after the plant has lost all it's leaves, it spends November shedding them). For how often I want to make a crumble, these last until May or so normally. Always frozen within an hour of being picked so they retain the nutrients, taste better too.
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 23:09
oooohhhh blackcurrant and grapefruit. Ruby Red Grapefruit juice is my addiction. I should pick some up again sometime.
They say we're drawn (and repulsed) by foods we need and don't. I wonder what it means about our bodies.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 23:39
Basically, it means if you crave a food, then that food contains something your body needs. You only need to watch out for unnatural chemicals in food, which are used to make junk taste palatable and/or extend shelf life. Best to eat fresh stuff, frozen is fine as long as it's not had shit added to it.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 23:43
sleepingrain wrote:Put pineapple on pizza. Got it.

Sleepy, no! After all this time! Please, please tell me that you’re not a Bromeliadast! Shocked Smile

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 23:50
Don't blame me! food was scarce haha
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 23:51
Best pizza toppings:

Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, meat, onion, mixed herbs, chilli flakes
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 0:37
I’ll skip the bell pepper, thanks. Never been a fan.

I love anchovies on pizza. I may be the only person on Earth who does.

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin

Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 22:40
Unowen17 wrote:I’ll skip the bell pepper, thanks. Never been a fan.

I love anchovies on pizza. I may be the only person on Earth who does.

Best,
UN

I've never had anchovies in anything to my knowledge, but from what I understand they're supposed to be tiny salty fish? Never put fish of any kind on a pizza, would be willing to try it though, but I think something like mackrel would be good, or pilchards, with both of these fish commonly being paired with tomato. You've given me ideas now because I've got two plain pizzas in my freezer and I normally add my own toppings.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 23:16
'Chovies are indeed, tiny, salty fish. They're good. They're much smaller than pilchards.

https://blog.williams-sonoma.com/spicy-kalamata-olive-anchovy-caper-pizza/

Olives are another thing I like. Bacon and olive pizza is great!

On topic: I edited the qualifications into the lead post.

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin

Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 23:40
UN, I always assumed anchovies were something only posh chefs at top restaurants would use, I've seen Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver use them on TV, one of them dropped on in a bologneise of all things, which confused me since the meat in that is minced beef. I admit I never seen them in the supermarket, but then again I never really looked. Go to the fishmonger counter of any major supermarket and all the usual suspects are on offer (cod, salmon, mackrel, pollock, plaice...etc), you'll even find crab and lobster (eeewww), and prawns of various sizes (aka shrimp, yummy) but never anchovies... do they come fresh or tinned with them being as tiny? I didn't think you could buy fish any smaller than pilchards, a whole pilchard just about makes a toasted sandwich! Most pilachards are sold tinned in tomato sauce here (perfect for butties), I may have looked in the wrong place.

As for Olives, I love them, I've used them as toppings before on vegetable pizza. I don't eat much vegetarian stuff, but I do like my veg pizza. I also sometimes add olives to salads and that's quite nice too. I am picky about my salads, not about what goes into them, but what goes onto them in terms of dressings. I don't like these vinegar based things people douse their salads in so often. I once went to a party where they used something called 'thousand island dressing' and it spoiled the salad. I'd like to taste the food, not a gobfull of vinegar that overpowers the delicate taste of something like lettuce, if the dressing is competing with (as opposed to complimenting) tomato and spring onion, it's just bad order. If I dress my salad at all (rarely), I will either use a small amount of salt, some mayo, or a bit of salad cream, which seems to go with everything. I eat the most salad in summer, usually with a piece of meat in the evening, but even this time of year, I like ham, luncheon meat, cheese, or corned beef and salad on a butty. It just makes the sandwich taste fresher and more revitalizing. To be honest, I've never been a fan of dips or dressings, I'll use them sparcely as and when I want to, but normally I prefer to taste my food unaltered. Only exception is chips, I always add a little salt to enhance the flavour.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 2:31
You’re right. Thousand Island dressing is vile stuff.

Anchovies come tinned. You should be able to buy them at any well-stocked supermarket, at least here. My wife hates olives and anchovies, so I have to fend for myself to get them.. Smile

Crimsonfield tells me that Americans make bad mayonnaise. After trying some made Euro-style, minus the sugar and plus some lemon, I think I (gasp!) agree with him. Smile But I will never, ever put mayo on my French fries. Just ain’t happening!

Best,
UN

Star Member
Star Member
https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 11:57
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Still interested
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 12:09
OK, Celes, noted. We’ll kick it around in the ninja cave. Smile

For now, please review the qualifications and live them. I see you’ve been doing some of that already, welcoming new members and the like.

Best,
UN

Star Member
Star Member
https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 12:17
Unowen17 wrote:OK, Celes, noted. We’ll kick it around in the ninja cave. Smile

For now, please review the qualifications and live them. I see you’ve been doing some of that already, welcoming new members and the like.

Best,
UN
I mean havent I always done them?
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 12:21
I’ll PM you.

Best,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum