Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nullnun1

Introduction Empty Introduction

Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 5:33
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hello! 22m here. No family relations. I was linked here by a reddit user because I was looking for advice and help with a mother/son romance novel I am trying to write.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:51
Hi, Nullnun,

Welcome to Kindred Spirits. We do have a couple of forums for posting and discussing creative writing. Romance stories would be fine, but KS isn’t a place for fetish stories. Please read the rules of the forum and confirm that you will abide by them:

https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t745-for-the-attention-of-all-newcomers

Best,
UN

Introduction Empty Help with a novel

Sat 12 Oct 2019 - 5:33
Hello, Everyone. I'm new to the site, so forgive me if I don't understand exactly how everything works.

I'm attempting to write a romance between a mother and son, and as someone who never had a mother figure in the house growing up am encountering some obstacles in the process.

I'm not entirely sure how the average, platonic mother/son dynamic even plays out, let alone how it could develope into a full blown intimate relationship. My plan is to have the relationship unfold in a gradual and relatively organic way, rather than have the inciting incident boil down to mutual lust. I also want further conflict in the story be driven by the challenges a normal relationship would face in it's growing maturity, as well as the challenges that are unique to a relationship of that nature.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sat 12 Oct 2019 - 8:31
Merged with your intro.

I don’t think you’re writing fetish stories, but we will need you to confirm that you’ve read the rules of the forum, and that you will abide by them, before we give you full membership.

The rules are here:

https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t745-for-the-attention-of-all-newcomers

Please confirm that, and I’ll let you in, where you can continue your discussion.

Best,
UN

Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 4:27
To clarify, I am not writting fetish stories. I am curious about the dynamics of consang relationships, especially of the variety I mention both out of personal curiosity and a desire to gather information (on no particular person[s]) for my romance novel.

I am motivated to write such a book because I noticed there aren't any that I could find which attempted to handle the subject with any level of subtlety, grace or realism... which was sorely disappointing. But I digress.

I have read and reread the rules, and promise to abide by them on and off the site.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 5:43
Thanks. I’ve upgraded your account.

Welcome, aboard!

Admin
Admin

Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 10:30
Thanks for the clarification, Nullnun! Please check out our Creative Writing forum.

Best,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum