Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro from Confused*

+6
MariaSofie
OtherHans
MinnieC
FullMarriageEquality
Unowen17
confused*
10 posters
Go down
confused*

Intro from Confused* Empty Intro from Confused*

Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 1:37
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, this is scary to even write.... I’m 36 and have recently connected with by half brother who was adopted out at birth, he is 43. From the first meeting it was noticed that him and I had a connection that came easier than our other siblings, and initially was on an intellectual and emotional level. We live in different countries (thankfully I think, sort of) and I have recently come back from a holiday where we both acknowledged the underlying desire and ‘crossed the line’ on more than one occasion. Now, returning back to the reality of our lives is proving difficult, both acknowledging the intensity and unwavering connection we seem to have and struggling with knowing there can never be a ‘happily ever after’. Anyway, guess I am just looking for somewhere to share this experience, and to read, learn and grow from others experiences. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by confused* on Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 2:41; edited 1 time in total

gsacruzataur likes this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Intro from Confused* Empty Re: Intro from Confused*

Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 2:40
Welcome to Kindred Spirits, Confused*. I’ve split your post from another intro and upgraded your membership.

It’s a scary situation, but we have many other GSA couples here who can, I hope, help you. You can talk freely here. You’re among friends.

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 3:03
Welcome aboard! You’re among supportive people here.

Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 13:17
Confused, hoping you share more in members only area. We’re here to help!
OtherHans

Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 1:22
Welcome,

This kind of relationship can be difficult for so many reasons. Being together as a couple is so often more difficult than is practical without sacrificing everything else.

You're definitely among friends.

MariaSofie

Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 13:50
Welcome Confused. Your situation sounds a lot like where I was five years ago. I’ve only joined this forum now as well; you can read my introduction which I just posted. I’d be happy to chat with you and share my experiences.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 1:23
Welcome to KS Smile
Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 5:46
Welcome. I don't see a problem if there are no wives or children involved ( no cheating) and you are discreet. Most people seem to worry for nothing about what other people think, but these days, few people on that issue. Perhaps parents care, because it might feel like you have just kicked them in the teeth as thanks for bringing you into the world with thoughts of carrying on the family line. But it might turn out to be a passing phase. Certainly it is very confusing when the mind, hormones, fate or all three combine to play tricks on us. The heart can be quite damaged from the stress of a broken relationship ( shock?) or even a too happy one - so 'xiao xin' as the Chinese say: (literally (keep a small heart) means be careful. The abnormal stress can have all sorts of physical and mental repercussions. It wouldn't hurt you to have a full medical check of your health especially your heart health. Best wishes!
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 22:39
hiya & welcome Confused!
Craig/nicole

Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 18:37
Welcome to the club. We are here to help. Nicole and I have a very similar story.
Best of luck to you.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum