Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Al_777

My intro (B/S) Empty My intro (B/S)

Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 4:20
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hello!
My name is Alex (36 y.o., single). I fell in love with my sister (29 y.o., divorced).

She got married 2 years ago, but her relationship with her husband soon broke down due to constant financial problems. When the pandemic crisis began, she lost her job. Her husband had not worked for several months by that time. So they finally broke up. She now lives in my apartment. We live almost like a married couple, except that we do not sleep together.
As long as I lived with my parents, there were no "special" feelings between me and her - we were just ordinary brother and sister. We did not quarrel with each other, as it sometimes happens, but there was no special closeness between us either. But since she moved in with me, something has changed in her. In general, she became more open with me and we got closer surprisingly quickly. Some sexual tension between us is now constantly present, jokes that we are now husband and wife, flirtation, light touches. We hug often, although we haven't done it before.
I'm very attracted to her, and it seems to me that she is too. But it happens that she pulls away from me, and becomes sharp and cold with me. She refuses to discuss her feelings at these moments (and later, too). So I am afraid to ruin everything by my actions in such periods and do nothing.
I would like us to become lovers, I would like to start living with her as a real husband and wife, but I am afraid that I will not be able to overcome her doubts, and I will only destroy our relationship with my own initiative. So for now, I'm content with what little I have.
I hope that the experience of the forum members will help me understand what to do next in my circumstances.

FullMarriageEquality, Oedipus, Unowen17, likaself, Killian and Meander1995 like this post

polyguy
polyguy

My intro (B/S) Empty Re: My intro (B/S)

Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 7:45
Welcome, Alex. You certainly do have a situation that requires wisdom and appreciation for nuance. A piece of advice that I try to live by, and it may be useful for you as well, is this: "Allow it to happen, don't try to make it happen."

An admin or moderator should be along to greet you soon.

FullMarriageEquality and likaself like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 9:10
Hi, Al, welcome to Kindred Spirits. I’ve upgraded your membership.

That’s a tough situation, but it does have some promise. I think Polyguy is right about allowing something to happen, and not making it happen. We can talk more about that in the members-only forums if you like.

Stay safe,
UN

FullMarriageEquality and likaself like this post

Al_777

Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 9:30
polyguy, Unowen17, thank you!

Unowen17 likes this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 15:13
Welcome aboard! We can probably help. As UN said, we can discuss this further in the member areas.

likaself and Al_777 like this post

Rick Fortune
Star Member
Star Member

Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 17:20
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi Alex! I'd offer a couple ideas I often give to sons wanting to connect intimately with their mothers. I think the same would be true with your sister. Listen to what she didn't like about her ex, and don't do that! Do the things that make her happy and hopefully will make you look good. Just like the relationship you might cultivate with any woman. And my favorite, when in public, hold her hand. The physical connection will convey your feelings without saying a word. Best of luck for both of you.

Oedipus, Unowen17, Killian and Al_777 like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum