Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lovingNWfather

Introduction Empty Introduction

Fri 20 May 2022 - 19:34
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'm a 60-ish father of two wonderful daughters - one that asked me to be her daddy when she was 5 (she's 40+ now), the other my own daughter (almost 40) and has always been my fierce princess (pierced, tattooed, and a marshmallow).  The younger daughter and I have always been very close and could talk about anything, and she's the one after almost 40 years that I'm realizing may be my soulmate.  Nothing intimate between us yet (nor ever) - but the feelings I'm having are too strong to deny.  I have no guilt about my desires, and am going to try and find a way to bring up the topic with her, but am afraid of scaring her away.  I'm going to approach this with caution and a lot of love, but need to learn as much as I can before proceeding.  I'm so glad to have found this forum!

lNWf

FullMarriageEquality, Oedipus and Unowen17 like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Sat 21 May 2022 - 7:07
Welcome to Kindred Spirits, lNWF! I’ve upgraded your account.

We’ll try to help. I’d suggest as a start that you look at Keith’s blog, http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/ . He has a lot of good advice on how to approach a family member tactfully. And we can talk more about your specific situation in the members-only Non-GSA forum.

Stay safe,
UN

FullMarriageEquality and lovingNWfather like this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sat 21 May 2022 - 11:42
Welcome aboard! I hope we can be of assistance.

lovingNWfather likes this post

lovingNWfather

Sun 22 May 2022 - 15:36
Thank you for your warm welcomes! I found Keith's and Jane's blogs while reading Quora conversations about GSA / non-GSA, and have read most of them. It sure is wonderful to discover that I'm not alone in having these thoughts and feelings for my daughter, nor are they as awful as so many people seem to think they are. It's going to take me a while to read through the posts in this forum, and I'm looking forward to adding my full story soon. lNWf.

FullMarriageEquality and Unowen17 like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 22 May 2022 - 17:11
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
OK, lNWF! My standard advice in approaching a relative is to tread softly and always leave yourself (and them) a graceful way to back out. And I think this applies double for you, since you’re their dad. We’ve had stories here from dads who approached their daughters incautiously and wound up estranging their whole families. We certainly wouldn’t want that to happen to you.

If there’s anything specific to your situation that you’d like help with, please let us know.

Stay safe,
UN

FullMarriageEquality and lovingNWfather like this post

lovingNWfather

Sun 22 May 2022 - 23:59
Very good advice, UN. Thank you.

FullMarriageEquality and Unowen17 like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum