Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Alkinous

Introduction. Empty Introduction.

Sun 3 Nov 2019 - 1:57
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I joined the site perhaps a week ago, but have only had time to post now. I've not had any close family experiences, but I do support those who do or would have such relationships.

Adults should have the freedom to chose who they are intimate with, and I believe it to be that simple. If this type of relationship were globally permitted, I don't think there would be wholesale family partnering. I think there may be a few more percentage points of those who would, but not much change.
blackroseheart

Introduction. Empty Re: Introduction.

Sun 3 Nov 2019 - 2:27
That's pretty much how I feel too. Welcome.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 3 Nov 2019 - 10:29
Hi, Alkinous,

Welcome to Kindred Spirits. Glad to have you here. Please confirm that you’re 18 or older and we’ll upgrade your membership.

Best,
UN

Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 8:04
Welcome, Alkinous!
Alkinous

Wed 6 Jan 2021 - 2:46
I've been rather busy of late... like the last couple of years, and have only recently had enough time to look at interests I have left unattended for some time.

In any case, I will state I'm over 18 years of age, per the request, which I have not followed up for apparently a year.

In any case I'm still supportive of people making their intimate relationships based on their own desires, and removing legal restrictions on 'blood' relationships.

I also support such practices as polyamory, etc. which has the potential for removing many of the restrictions on 'sex', which were based on sex being exclusively to produce children for the most part. Children or not, is the couple's choice, and no one else's or no other entity's.

FullMarriageEquality, Quesera and polyguy like this post

Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Wed 6 Jan 2021 - 3:39
Welcome aboard. And your assessment is accurate, there definitely would not be a massive portion of the population choosing consang relationships if the laws againt it were lifted, according to my own research, we should be around 2.4% of the population, which is within the ball park range of 1-5%, same range as other sexual minorities. The truth is that the people who argue against legalization seem to believe that allowing consanguinamory means everyone will want to do it, as if a sexual orientation is some kind of fashion statement. Truth of the matter is this: In order for a person to have a consang relationship, they must be consang to some degree at least. Of course they have other arguments like 'it will confuse children if they see a relative in such a relationship' and 'it will fuck up the gene pool'. You name it, it has been said, and to date not ONE of these arguments has held any water. These things aren't just an expression of ignorance (although some of it is), its also an emotional reaction from people either based on disgust or on misinformation such as falsely conflating us with child molesters (as if children are never molested by people who aren't related to them, like... catholic priests for instance).

Quesera and Unowen17 like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Wed 6 Jan 2021 - 11:22
Welcome back, Alkinous! Thanks for confirming your age, now plus a year. Since Jane didn’t say she’d done so, I’ve upgraded your membership.

Please don’t be such a stranger! Wink

Stay safe,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum