Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Borogove

Introduction Empty Introduction

Sat 11 Apr 2020 - 22:53
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, I recently met my half-brother. We are both in long term relationships, married, have children, and share intense feelings for one another. Our GSA has not gone unnoticed by our partners, and we are currently trying to mend our lives. However, I am stuck in my feelings for him.

We have both tried to find as much information as possible regarding GSA. This is the first time I have come across any information suggesting what we are experiencing my not be a temporary reaction. We understand the obstacles, our responsibilities to our families, but still want to be together.

I am interested in reading more to see if we could have a life together, or if the damage to others is so great that we are doing the best thing now. There is no one I've ever felt such a deep connection with, no one I'd rather talk to, and no one I'd rather be with everyday.

gsacruzataur likes this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Sun 12 Apr 2020 - 3:31
Hi, Borogove, welcome to KS. I’ve upgraded your account. Though I had a little difficulty, because I’ve been putting an extra R into the word forever...

GSA is never neat, tidy, or easy. Fortunately, we have a number of GSA folks here who you can talk to, and hopefully decide the right thing to do. Please feel free to take advantage of existing threads or start your own.

Stay safe,
UN

Sun 12 Apr 2020 - 3:36
Sorry, yes, the name does beg for that extra R. Thank you for the upgrade. It is very appreciated!
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sun 12 Apr 2020 - 4:31
Welcome aboard!

Admin
Admin

Mon 13 Apr 2020 - 1:10
hiya & welcome
OtherHans

Mon 13 Apr 2020 - 15:01
Over the years I've read many dozens of accounts from people involved in situations like yours.

They always turn out badly for those who act on their feelings, with relationships ruined and lives damaged.

There's nothing wrong with how you feel about each other.  But as you have pointed out, you're both married with children.

Do what is right for your spouses and your children.  Don't let your feelings for each other lead you into actions that cannot be taken back.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum