Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dovarish

Hi - from an Ally Empty Hi - from an Ally

Thu 25 Aug 2022 - 17:44
Hello to all on the forum! My name's Mark. I'm a 43 yo ally who has been curious about consanguineous consensual relationships since I learned about a close friend who trusted me enough to share their experiences with me. I believe in full marriage equality and don't think the government has any business regulating any relationships provided the people in them are happy. I look forward to getting to know others here.

TedTowers likes this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Hi - from an Ally Empty Re: Hi - from an Ally

Thu 25 Aug 2022 - 23:31
Mark, please explain a little more about what you’re hoping to do here. Thanks.

Sun 28 Aug 2022 - 1:43
I'm hoping to learn more about how best to support and further the cause of adults who choose to be in such relationships, and to understand people's experiences and hardships, which will allow me to lend and offer better support to my friend during challenging moments.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 28 Aug 2022 - 3:18
Hi, Dovarish,

Please tell us a little more about your friend’s situation. Was everyone involved 18 or older, and was everything consensual?

Stay safe,
UN

Sun 28 Aug 2022 - 11:17
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
My best friend, I'll call her "Zoe", got involved in a consensual romantic relationship with her father, who is in his late fifties, at the age of 23. She initiated it after they'd both had a lot to drink one night and she confessed her feelings for him. One thing led to another and they have been together on and off for almost ten years now. They're currently going through a bit of a rough patch because of another family member finding out and not taking it well. I was touched she trusted me enough to confide in me. We'd had conversations before about GSA and cases of adoption where adopted siblings fall in love. We're both documentary nuts and we'd watched a couple of documentaries on the subject and we broadly agreed on a person's right to love who they choose (provided all are of legal age and consent).

Quesera, Oedipus and Unowen17 like this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sun 28 Aug 2022 - 16:08
Thank you so much for answering our questions. I’ve upgraded your account. Welcome aboard! I hope we are of some help. Thanks for being willing to help.

Oedipus and Unowen17 like this post

Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Mon 29 Aug 2022 - 5:36
Welcome dovarish!
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Mon 29 Aug 2022 - 11:48
Welcome aboard, Dovarish! Please tell Zoe and her father that they are welcome here too. We can talk over their “rough patch” in Non-GSA if you’d like, where only members can see it.

Stay safe,
UN

Thu 1 Sep 2022 - 2:00
Welcome! father/daughter relationships are sometimes tough, just like any other relationship but with a twist. What twist? This man that I fully trust and enjoy doing 'things' with by rite of his position in my life has chosen to take things further than most dare. With that comes a great responsibility to me. So before he took the plunge, so to speak, we discussed it in depth and what it meant to both of us. As women we entrust our heart and body to another (be it woman or another man), and taking that leap as a daughter to entrust her father with the weight of what that means can be tough. So long as everyone is on board and agrees it can be a lot of fun and very very enjoyable like no other relationship I've heard about; even deeper than other types of consang relationships from what I hear from those who have been in various types of consang relationships. Now I'm just rambling! Have a good day/night everyone!

~Jes

FullMarriageEquality, Unowen17, polyguy and KittyCat like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum