Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Who is eligible of honorary Ciaotannian citizenship? Can non-CIAOs apply? Empty Who is eligible of honorary Ciaotannian citizenship? Can non-CIAOs apply?

Fri 13 Sep 2024 - 4:53
Recently I heard that Canada had granted someone honorary citizenship. But when I looked on-line I couldn't find the name. Wiki says "The only people to ever receive honorary Canadian citizenship are Raoul Wallenberg posthumously in 1985; Nelson Mandela in 2001; the 14th Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso in 2006; Aung San Suu Kyi in 2007 (revoked in 2018); Prince Karim Aga Khan in 2009; and Malala Yousafzai in 2014.
When I read some https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorary_citizenship#cite_note-17
I saw that "In August 2019, Guillermo Rodriguez, a security guard on Jimmy Kimmel Live, became an honorary citizen of Dildo, Newfoundland, Canada, after TV host Jimmy Kimmel ran for mayor.[17]

In Germany, Section 14 of the Nationality Act allows the Federal Minister of the Interior to naturalise any foreigner without any requirements, regardless of whether they live in Germany or not, if there are "ties to Germany that justify naturalisation".

Within the Federal States, honorary citizenship (Ehrenbürgerschaft) is the highest distinction that can be awarded to an individual by a municipality.[1] It is awarded by cities, towns, and sometimes federal states. The honorary citizenship is perpetual and persists after the death of the honoree, but can be revoked in exceptional cases by the council or parliament of the city, town, or state.

Normally, To become a Canadian citizen, you need to:
Be a permanent resident.
Have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days).
Have filed your taxes.
Prove your language skills in English or French.
Pass a citizenship test.

In Canada "Honorary Canadian citizenship requires unanimous approval in both houses of Parliament." so presumably Guillermo Rodriguez, a security guard on Jimmy Kimmel Live, who became an honorary citizen of Dildo, Newfoundland, Canada, is not quite a Canadian citizen yet.

So, who is eligible of honorary Ciaotannian citizenship? Can non-CIAOs apply?

Generally, "Honorary citizenship is a status bestowed by a city or other government on a foreign or native individual whom it considers to be especially admirable or otherwise worthy of the distinction. The honour usually is symbolic and does not confer any change to citizenship or nationality."

CIAO people are already entitled to Ciaotannian citizenship, wherever they are, simply as a birthright.
Non-CIAOs who are incestophobes are not eligible.
Non-CIAOs who not incestophobes would be eligible to be nominated for honorary citizenship.
Allies would be eligible for nomination for honorary citizenship, should they have been noticed for meritorious achievements useful to Ciaotannia and or CIAO people (The same thing really)
Within Ciaotannia, honorary citizenship is the highest distinction that can be awarded to an individual who is not Ciaotannian.

Lisse likes this post

Olderson1991

Who is eligible of honorary Ciaotannian citizenship? Can non-CIAOs apply? Empty Re: Who is eligible of honorary Ciaotannian citizenship? Can non-CIAOs apply?

Tue 17 Sep 2024 - 15:09
Lol, dildo. That's funny. That's even better than "hell" Michigan

Quesera and Lisse like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum