Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CaineTheExile
CaineTheExile

Hello! A brief introduction.(and a small question) Empty Hello! A brief introduction.(and a small question)

Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 11:34
Hello everybody, I am a 32 yo male and since my teenage years I have been madly in love with my sister (29 yo now). Unfortunately nothing has happened between us, since I haven't confided my feelings to her yet. I suppose you understand, fear of rejection plus the stigma that this taboo carries (which would be a problem if I was rejected, otherwise I couldn't care less about social norms) have up to this point stopped me from talking to her about it. However, I am not giving up hope yet! Anyway, I am really glad to find this forum (the older one as well) where I can talk freely among friends, people who are not blinded by our society's arbitrary taboos and rules. I think it will help me a lot. I will write my story in detail once upgraded, since I guess this subforum is for a brief introduction only!

There is a question I have for the mods however. I was referred to this forum from your older Kindred Spirits one, when I was reading some introductions. I have introduced myself there as well but I am wondering which forum has more active members nowadays and whether the older forum will close or if both will remain open. I guess what I really want to know is in which of the two forums to post new topics, (I would suppose the newer forum, but if the older has more active members then I could be wrong) since I will be reading both of them anyway Razz .
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Hello! A brief introduction.(and a small question) Empty Re: Hello! A brief introduction.(and a small question)

Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 12:58
Welcome aboard, I've just upgraded you so you can participate in all forums.

The old KS is still active, but gradually winding down, there is no plans to close it for the for the time being at least. However we are redirecting newcomers to this site, as the plan is that the old site gradually dwindles down to almost no participation... when that happens it will probably be deleted anyway by the service provider. Most providers delete forums which have had no new posts in a number of months.

The reason for the move was because the old providers servers crashed and left us with no forum for a month. Obviously it's not good to have a provider be so unreliable. An ally friend of mine found this provider for us and I set up the new forum.

So to answer your question, you should post in this forum primarily, but there is nothing to stop you from also reading and participating in discussions at the old one if you want to.
CaineTheExile
CaineTheExile

Hello! A brief introduction.(and a small question) Empty Re: Hello! A brief introduction.(and a small question)

Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 13:20
Ok then, I guess I will be posting here but still check out the old one once in a while! Thanks a lot for the upgrade, one of these days I'll write my story in detail, I have never confided to anyone about this so I really don't even know how to start! I never had self doubt about this matter, except probably when I was really young, but these insane taboos and fear of backlash, forced me to keep everything suppressed all these years. My life would have probably been very different otherwise..
Anyway, as I have posted above, it is not late and this wonderful community gives me courage and hope for my "situation". Thanks again and I'm extremely glad to have found this forum and be a member of this community!
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Thu 7 Jul 2016 - 10:34
hiya Caine, I'm very happy that you found us and our little corner of the internet! yes, your situation is a familiar one, though like many things it's a little different for everyone. Take your time to gather your thoughts, and whenever you feel is right to share them we'll be glad to listen.
again welcome, and much love!
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Thu 7 Jul 2016 - 11:45
Welcome!
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Sun 10 Jul 2016 - 10:59
welcome! you are among friends here. you can find my story under the "my story' section of the forum. again, Welcome !!
Jonbob0008
Jonbob0008

Mon 11 Jul 2016 - 16:29
Unrequited love is the worst. Good luck to you, man.
CaineTheExile
CaineTheExile

Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 15:22
Thanks for the welcoming everybody! It feels really great to be able to finally talk about this part of my life with like minded people! Reading your stories gives me courage and I feel really happy for you, that despite the world's prejudice, have pursued the love of your life!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum