Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
my3t3rym4n

Mixed Feelings  Empty Mixed Feelings

Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 2:10
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
So, I'm an early-50s father with three adult daughters. My 2nd eldest daughter, who's nearly 30 now, became a bit of a buxom bombshell in her high school years. It wasn't until she was off to college that I began to realize that I was sexually attracted to her. Coming from a very conservative & religious background, I fought and repressed those feelings for years.

Now, my youngest daughter (over 18) has also peaked my sexual curiosities. I can't imagine ever acting on those feelings, but I do wonder why our society has stigmatized adult, consensual relationships between family members.

I am a supporter of the idea, just not a participant.

FullMarriageEquality, Oedipus, Unowen17, Cyberdolphnow, JackFrost, Ibis.Noctua, johner23 and Dariussc98 like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Mixed Feelings  Empty Re: Mixed Feelings

Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 2:16
Hi, My3t3rym4n, welcome to Kindred Spirits. I’ve upgraded your account.

I respect your honesty and your forbearance. And your attraction to your adult daughters is nothing to be ashamed of. I think many men feel the same way and never admit it to anyone.

Stay safe,
UN

FullMarriageEquality, JackFrost and Ibis.Noctua like this post

my3t3rym4n

Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 2:35
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I absolutely agree. As I've wrestled with this in my mind, I think again of my 29yo daughter. She and I are so alike in so many ways, and honestly, I think that she would be the best life partner I can dream of. It goes far beyond sexual attraction. I'm a bit amazed that there aren't more people who recognize that family members may make the best life and love partners.

FullMarriageEquality, Unowen17, Cyberdolphnow, JackFrost and Ibis.Noctua like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 3:32
MM, that may be true, but I can’t think of any successful F/D or M/S relationship where the parent initiated it. There is just too much trouble with power imbalances. In the successful ones, it’s always been the daughter (or the son) who started things. Or sometimes a simultaneous confession.

Someone will be along presently to correct me… Smile

Stay safe,
UN

Oedipus, Cyberdolphnow and likaself like this post

Horrible_sanity

Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 4:00
I agree. Me and my sister have been in a consensual relationship for a long time and we had to change states and lie on a bu ch of forms to get married and have kids. If anyone ever found out our lives would be ruined.

Oedipus, Unowen17, Cyberdolphnow, JackFrost and likaself like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 9:16
By the way, H_S, I’ve never thought that there was a clear reason why the government had to have the authority to certify marriages to begin with. Two (or more) people are married if they agree to the commitments of marriage.

Stay safe,
UN

FullMarriageEquality, Oedipus, Cyberdolphnow, JackFrost and likaself like this post

FamilyFriend
Special Member
Special Member

Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 9:52
Unowen17 wrote:By the way, H_S, I’ve never thought that there was a clear reason why the government had to have the authority to certify marriages to begin with. Two (or more) people are married if they agree to the commitments of marriage.

Stay safe,
UN

The reasons have changed little over the years! My European ancestors liked to define which sons had (and who didn’t have) rights to land/specie and in what order. Today, my (second) wife wanted a straight narrow line to same for our daughter. It’s perfectly reasonable for her to feel this way. She wants our offspring on equal footing. At the very least equal. Smart girl.

I know how this sucks for a lot of folks here.

Oedipus, Unowen17, Cyberdolphnow and likaself like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum