Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
hydrangea
hydrangea

introduction- sister Empty introduction- sister

Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 0:14
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hello everyone.

I'm a woman, aged 35. I've been in a complex relationship with my brother, who is a few years older than I since we were in our teens.
After a very long separation, he's made it back into my life. It was and still is a lot to process and, as you probably know, not something I could just open up about to anyone in my social circle. I made the classic mistake of going to a popular forum board to finally speak up about my predicament where I was mostly reviled and told to get therapy (or kill myself, for the most extreme dms I received).
My brother disapproves of mentioning our relationship at all, even anonymously, for fear of exposing ourselves. He says we cannot be too careful.
But I do feel like I'd like to talk. I've been looking for a place without judgement which isn't some strange fetish circle where everyone is inappropriate. I hope this is it.
Thank you.

FullMarriageEquality, Rick Fortune, Unowen17, Findingmyself, EpicureanD, MrMagoo2024, CrouchingBroHiddenSis and like this post

Sieglinde
Sieglinde

introduction- sister Empty Re: introduction- sister

Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 1:07
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Welcome friend! I know what it's like to want to talk about it but feel like you have to stay quiet and never bring it to the light of day. It sucks, but I've found this place to be a supportive one regarding our kinds of dynamics. I hope you enjoy it here!

Rick Fortune, Unowen17, CrouchingBroHiddenSis, Lisse and hydrangea like this post

Silent_Witness

Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 3:13
Well, you're definitely in the right place.

Rick Fortune, Unowen17, CrouchingBroHiddenSis, Sieglinde, Lisse and wildcat562 like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 11:50
Hi, Hydrangea, welcome to Kindred Spirits, and congratulations on your love with your brother. I’ve upgraded your membership.

People can be incredibly cruel when they’re hiding behind the cloak of anonymity. I hope you find a more supportive environment here and some kinder people to talk to.

Peace,
UN

FullMarriageEquality, CrouchingBroHiddenSis and Lisse like this post

Rick Fortune
Star Member
Star Member

Thu 13 Jun 2024 - 16:53
Welcome Hydrangea! I too had to be careful to respect my mother. But any chance to admit our relationship when away made things more fun.
Enjoy your love with your brother.

Unowen17, JackFrost and Lisse like this post

MotherandMe

Thu 13 Jun 2024 - 19:11
Welcome! You should feel safe here, but always be cautious about sharing detailed personally-identifiable information. I have found this to be a caring and helpful forum of “Kindred Spirits”.

FullMarriageEquality and Unowen17 like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum